NCS looks good on CVs, UCAS forms and Instagram!
The National Citizen Service (NCS) will visit GHCS to offer year 11s the opportunity to take part in the programme next summer.
Darren Crawley from NCS will tell students that they can supercharge their future and:
- Do adrenaline-fuelled activities
- Develop leadership skills
- Meet incredible people
- Live away from home
- Meet local businesses
- Boost your CV and UCAS application
- Follow your passion
- Give back
Your NCS Journey
Phase 1 – Adventure
First up, it’s time to challenge yourself. Living with your team at an outdoor activity centre, you’ll get to know some amazing people and enjoy some quality time away from home.
Phase 2 – Discovery
Next you’ll develop life skills like confidence, leadership and communication to boost your CV and UCAS personal statement. That first big job interview will hold no fear!
Phase 3 – Action
It’s time to make your mark! This is where your NCS experience all comes together. You and your NCS mates will deliver a community project about the issues that matter to you. Plan, fundraise, make a difference!
Phase 4 – Celebration
It’s time to celebrate in style. You’ll enjoy a well-earned reward for doing something incredible in your community. What’s more, as an NCS graduate you’ll access exclusive volunteering and work opportunities.
Thanks to government-backing all activities, food, accommodation and transport to residentials are included for £50, with bursaries available to any students eligible for free school meals, lowering the cost to £10.
The next step…
- Book your place at co.uk
- Want to share your NCS journey and Take a Mate? After you book a spot online, you’ll get an email with a Take a Mate code to share with your best mate! They should enter the code when they sign up online.
- Visit the NCS blog, The Mix, to read about what NCS grads had to say about their experience! CO.UK/THEMIX
4) For more information visit www.ncsyes.co.uk