In Reception, pupils work in three key worker groups and have three group times a day where they learn their phonics, maths and book work. They spend lots of time working hard in their independent learning time.
How can you help your child get ready for reception?
- Talk to your child about reception and how much fun they will have
- Make sure your child can open their lunchbox themselves or use cutlery confidently
- Practise getting undressed and dressed again
- Help your child practise writing and recognising their name
- Share books with your child – why not visit the library to find books about school?
- Label all your child’s belongings with their name.