We are proud of our school and our students and we like to feel that they carry their identity with them into the community. Correct uniform should be worn at all times.
Following feedback from parents, we have reviewed our uniform supplier and have made some small updates to our school uniform. There will be no changes to the overall look or quality of the uniform, which forms an important part of our identity and of which we are very proud. These updates will come into effect from September 2018 but legacy uniform may be worn until July 2019. Samples of the updated uniform in school are available to view in school.
School uniform may be purchased online from Emblematic:
Primary School Uniform
- Shirt: plain white school shirt with top button (fastened) and standard collar.
- Jumper: red regulation jumper with GHCS logo OR red regulation cardigan with GHCS logo worn at all times until Trinity term.
- Blazer: grey regulation blazer. Must be worn to and from school every day. House badge should be fastened to the left lapel.
- Tie: school tie. Red/grey elastic tie OR Red/grey clip on tie.
- Hat: Compulsory for Reception to Year 4 only (optional for Year 5 & 6) – regulation boy’s school cap with GHCS logo OR regulation girl’s school hat with GHCS logo.
- Coat: regulation GHCS shower proof coat OR a plain black coat. Coats must be worn in addition to the school blazer.
- NOT acceptable: hoodies, tracksuit tops, any colour other than black, large logos, mottos etc.
- Trousers: plain grey school trousers with GHCS logo embroidered. Black or grey socks must be worn with trousers. OR Skirt: regulation pleated school skirt, must touch the top of the knee at all times, even when seated. Plain white knee length or ankle socks/tights must be worn with a skirt.
- Tights: must be black or grey and no less than 60 denier.
- NOT acceptable: trainer socks and any colour other than stated above.
- Socks – black or dark grey.
- Hair: tied back neatly with a black or red bobble at the back of the head. Fringe must be clipped back if it obstructs vision. Hair clips must be plain black, red or chrome.
- NOT acceptable: tied to the side, extremes of fashion, unnatural colours and hair obstructing vision, hair cuts closer than guard 2.
- Shoes: plain, formal style, black and polishable. Heel must not exceed 5cm.
- NOT acceptable: trainer style, converse style, stilettos, heavy shoes, boots, shoes that contain large logos, diamond style studs or any other adornments.
- Jewellery: a watch may be worn.
- NOT acceptable: anything other than a watch on the wrist and any piercings. Ear piercing must be completed at the start of the summer holiday to ensure enough time for healing and the removal in time for school.
- School bag: plain, black and able to carry the necessary books, files and equipment OR regulation red book bag (from school supplier).
- NOT acceptable: large logos, hand bag style, graffiti and attaching badges.
- Scarves, hats and gloves (optional): scarves and gloves must be plain black, red or grey. A plain black, red or grey woollen hat may be worn during cold weather.
- Make-up and nails: make-up of any kind is not permitted. Nail varnish and false nails are not allowed.
- NOT acceptable: nail varnish, false nails, gel nails, acrylic nails, visible makeup, false eye lashes, eye liner, applying or bringing make-up, perfume or hair spray into school. These will be confiscated.
During Trinity Term only (after Easter holidays), children have the option not to wear their school jumper or cardigan. They may also chose to wear the following items:
- regulation red gingham dress embroidered with school logo OR regulation grey shorts embroidered with GHCS logo.
The schools decision on any issue relating to uniform, hair, jewellery and make-up is final.
Parents are strongly advised to contact the school before purchasing any items if they are unsure about suitability and conforming to the rules outlined above.