Secondary School Uniform (Year 7-Year 11)
We place a great emphasis on students looking smart. By sending your child to Grindon Hall Christian School, you are agreeing to ensure that your son or daughter attends each day in the correct uniform as prescribed below.
School uniform is available to purchase from our supplier: https://studentuniform.co.uk/ghcs/. Regulation items must be purchased from this supplier.
- Shirt: plain white school shirt with top button (fastened) and standard collar.
- Jumper: red regulation jumper (Year 7 and Year 8) or black regulation jumper (Year 9, Year 10 & Year 11) worn at all times until Trinity term (after Easter holiday).
- Blazer: grey regulation blazer. Must be worn to and from school every day. House badge should be fastened to the left lapel.
- Tie: school tie. Red/Grey clip-on tie for Year 7 and Year 8. Red and black clip on tie for Year 9, Year 10 and Year 11.
- Coat: regulation GHCS shower proof coat OR a plain black coat. Coats must be worn in addition to the school blazer.
- NOT acceptable: hoodies, tracksuit tops, any colour other than black, large logos, mottos etc.
- Trousers: regulation plain grey school trousers with GHCS logo (purchased from school supplier). Black or grey socks must be worn with trousers. OR Skirt: regulation school skirt with GHCS logo (purchased from school supplier), must touch the top of the knee at all times, even when seated. Tights must be worn with a skirt in Year 9, Year 10 & Year 11. Plain white ankle socks may be worn by Year 7 and Year 8.
- NOT acceptable: knee length and trainer socks.
- Socks – black or dark grey.
- Tights: must be black and no less than 60 denier.
- Hair: long hair tied back neatly with a black or red bobble at the back of the head. Fringe must be clipped back if it obstructs vision. Hair clips must be plain black or silver.
- NOT acceptable: tied to the side, extremes of fashion, unnatural colours and hair obstructing vision, hair cuts closer than guard 2.
- Shoes: plain, formal style, black and polishable. Heel must not exceed 5cm.
- NOT acceptable: trainer style, converse style, stilettos, heavy shoes, boots, shoes that contain large logos, diamond style studs or any other adornments.
- Jewellery: a watch may be worn. One set of small, plain, round (gold or silver only) studs worn in the lower lobe of the ear.
- NOT acceptable: anything other than a watch on the wrist. Diamond style studs. Any piercings other than the lobe of the ear. A gold or silver stud that is not round.
- School bag: plain, black and able to carry the necessary books, files and equipment.
- NOT acceptable: large logos, hand bag style, graffiti and attaching badges.
- Scarves, hats and gloves (optional): scarves and gloves must be plain black or grey. A plain black woollen hat may be worn during cold weather.
- Make-up and nails: visible make-up of any kind is not permitted. Nail varnish and false nails are not allowed.
- NOT acceptable: nail varnish, false nails, acrylic nails, gel nails, visible make-up, false eye lashes, eye liner, applying or bringing make-up, perfume or hair spray into school. These will be confiscated.
The schools decision on any issue relating to uniform, hair, jewellery and make-up is final.
Parents are strongly advised to contact the school before purchasing any items if they are unsure about suitability and conforming to the rules outlined above.